StewMac Offset Diamond Fret File, 300-grit
Dual-edge and better clearance over the body! This well-balanced steel fret file is offset, for more comfortable fret dressing and improved clearance at higher frets.
Both full-length concave filing grooves (one for narrow/medium fretwire, and one for medium/wide wire), are uniformly coated with micro industrial-diamond particles.
Diamond fret files are the best way to recrown your frets! Unlike traditional fret files, diamond files cut in both directions, they don't chatter or leave chatter marks, and the fret is smoother after crowning. These files are being used by repair shops and major manufacturers all around the world.
Our diamond fret files have concave cutting edges, one for medium and one for wide fretwire. Each edge is electro-coated with micro industrial diamonds. These super-tough abrasive surfaces round the frets more smoothly than standard toothed files, for cleaner filing without chatter marks. Because the diamond particles cut on the forward and backward strokes, you get better control over your work and the job goes much faster.
What grit do I need?
- If you're just starting out in fretting, we recommend the 300-grit files, as they don't remove too much material too soon — a mistake that many beginning fretters make. Even a professional will find the 300-grit file allows them to quickly get the fret properly crowned after only a few strokes.
- Use the 150-grit when you need to mill-off lots of material in a hurry.
Dimensions: 8-1/2" x 1" x 5/32"
Available in either 150-grit or 300-grit. Sold individually or SAVE when you buy the set of both files.
Works on stainless frets, too!
|Air shipping allowed||Yes|
- Micro-Mesh Belts for Fret Dressing Stick, 1200-grit replacement belt, pkg of 5€14.50Taxes not included
- Fret Dressing Stick with Micro-Mesh Belts, Fret Dressing Stick only€9.00Taxes not included
- Micro-Mesh Belts for Fret Dressing Stick , 120-grit replacement belt, pkg of 5€13.50Taxes not included