Set 25 pieces of 69 mm and radiused to 10"
- Crown Size: .110″ X .057 (2.79 X 1.45 mm)
- Tang Width: 0.0200
- Alloy: NS18% / Stainless Steel / EVOgold™
There are many different fret wire profiles available, from small to large, low to high, narrow to wide, oval to round to triangular, all affecting the playing characteristics and feel of the instrument. Brass frets from days past have given way to today’s standard material, 18% nickel silver, also called “German Silver.” But even with 18% nickel silver, there are differences in hardness, tensile strength, surface quality, grain size, and other metallurgical properties that influence a fret’s quality, performance and feel. Beyond 18% nickel silver, new alloys have been employed in the production of modern fret wire that dramatically improves the performance and aesthetics of the guitar.
For this feeling and performance to last it is vital to employ a fret wire with the appropriate alloy and hardness to avoid premature wear. Fret wear results in buzzing, poor intonation, and a degrading of the feel of the fingerboard. The result is the need for leveling and dressing or even the expense of fret replacement. Premature wear can be avoided with quality fret wire, and with our stainless steel frets completely eliminated.
With the Jescar line of professional grade high quality guitar fret wire we offer luthiers and players these benefits:
- Perfect forming of all wire dimensions throughout the entire coil length
- Stringent quality control of tensile strength, hardness, dimension, and composition
- Exact symmetry of profile with centered and perpendicular tangs
- Barbs with sharp highly defined points to bite into the fret slots and remain securely seated.
- Tolerances accurate to within +/- 0.002″
- Superfinish surface quality for a bright appearance and smooth finish
- Greater hardness and tighter grain structure for longer life and playability
- Available in traditional 18% Nickel Silver, Stainless Steel, and our Gold EVOgold™ alloy
- Customer support dedicated to total customer satisfaction
|Air shipping allowed||Yes|
|Crown Width||2,8 mm|
|Fret Height||1,45 mm|
- JESCAR Fret Wire Set .100″ X .051 (2.54 X 1.30 mm) - 18%€16.50Taxes not included
- JESCAR Fret Wire Set .104″ X .047 (2.64 X 1.19 mm) - 18%€16.50Taxes not included
- JESCAR Fret Wire Set .100″ X .051 (2.54 X 1.30 mm) - Stainless Steel€24.50Taxes not included